The Environment and Services Available
The Ryder-Cheshire Foundation Manawatu provides long term residential care for people with physical disabilities where they are encouraged to achieve maximum independence and quality of life.
The Ryder-Cheshire Foundation Manawatu provides a clean, well-maintained and safe environment with no physical barriers that impede physical access. All facilities are linked by covered walkways to a central community hall.
The services delivered include:
- 24 hour site supervision, which includes on-duty staff, on-call staff, and emergency call bell system.
- Services cover all duties to provide personal support, life skills/social coaching, physical maintenance exercises, physical activities and meaningful activity programmes.
- We offer a day programme for assessed clients living in the community.
- We have one room designated for Respite Care to provide 'Out of Family' carer relief.
We welcome enquiries about our services from individuals and the following organisations:
- Ministry of Health
- Accident Compensation Corporation Case Managers
- Needs Assessment Service Coordinators (NASC)
- Allied Service Organisations
- Private Individuals